Sunrise NGO – Background
Sunrise Organization for Civil Society Development (Sunrise NGO) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit, and non-political and impartial organization. It was founded by a group of volunteers in 2015 with the goal to provide support to the community and address the needs that arose immediately after the beginning of the conflict in Iraq. It is registered in Iraq and Kurdistan Region of Iraq. Sunrise NGO operates in Iraq, in the governorate of Nineveh- Sinjar (Shingal) and Ba’aj. One of the core goals pursued by the organization is to participate in the creation and the preservation of a safe and sustainable environment for local communities regardless of their religion, gender, disabilities, age, and ethnic background. Sunrise works in different sectors including education, protection of women and children, livelihood, peacebuilding and social cohesion.
The Senior Leadership and Capacity Facilitator will be responsible for providing leadership training to youth and NGO staff, as well as working on writing proposals and developing reporting processes to donors. In addition to , reviewing existing policies, draft new policies, and modify/produce updated and complete policies and procedures across various areas to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of Sunrise NGO’s operations in Iraq and qualify the organization for international partnerships.
Review and draft policies and procedures: Conduct a comprehensive review of existing policies and procedures in areas such as board governance, rational management tools (e.g., log frames, monitoring and evaluation, impact indicators, reporting, strategic planning), finance (sustainable financial management), operations and logistics (procurement), human resources, gender policies, community accountability procedures, advocacy, and fundraising. Develop draft versions of policies and procedures that align with the local operational and legal context.
Policy refinement and feedback incorporation: Submit draft policies and procedures to Sunrise for review and incorporate feedback from relevant staff members throughout the process. Work collaboratively to reach a final agreement on the finalized documents.
Gap identification and policy development: Identify any critical gaps in existing policies and procedures and collaborate with Sunrise to develop new policies and/or procedures to address those gaps effectively.
Operational policies and procedures manual: Develop a comprehensive manual that covers key functional areas of management, programs, finance, and operations, providing guidelines for effective operation of Sunrise NGO.
HR policies and procedures manual: Create an employee handbook and associated documents and policies that outline human resources practices and guidelines.
Proposal writing training: Train Sunrise organization on effective methods and techniques for writing proposals.
Donor outreach and mapping: Prepare materials and provide relevant advice on reaching out to donors and partners, including conducting a donor mapping exercise.
Training and guidance: Provide in-person training sessions and ongoing advice to Sunrise throughout the policies and procedures development and finalization process.
Leadership and Life Skills for Beneficiaries: The Trainer should specialize in leadership and life skills to empower beneficiaries in developing essential skills for personal and professional growth.
The Trainer will be responsible for designing and delivering training sessions for beneficiaries that foster leadership qualities and enhance communication, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities.
Note: This job description set out the duties and responsibilities of the job at the time when it was drawn up .Some of the training for beneficiaries and polices development may change due to beneficiaries and Sunrise NGO needs .
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- 5 years of experience in leadership training, capacity building, and policy development within the NGO sector.
- Experience working with beneficiaries from different age group and diverse teams is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with the Iraqi context or experience working in similar contexts is an advantage.
- Knowledge and Expertise:
- Strong knowledge of leadership principles, capacity development methodologies, and best practices in the NGO sector.
- Understanding of policy development processes and the ability to apply them to different functional areas such as management, finance, operations, and human resources.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation frameworks, impact indicators, and reporting mechanisms.
- Familiarity with gender mainstreaming and community accountability procedures.
- Proficiency in fundraising and donor engagement strategies.
- Excellent understanding of proposal writing techniques and the ability to convey this knowledge effectively to others.
- Strong facilitation and training skills, with the ability to deliver engaging and interactive sessions to diverse audiences.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to draft clear and concise policies, procedures, and training materials.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and work collaboratively with individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Analytical and critical thinking abilities to identify gaps and propose effective solutions.
- Strong organizational and project management skills to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other relevant software for policy development and training purposes.
- Demonstrated passion for capacity building and supporting the growth and development of individuals and organizations.
- Adaptability and flexibility to work in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Cultural sensitivity and the ability to work effectively in diverse cultural settings.
- Strong ethics and commitment to upholding the values of transparency, integrity, and accountability.
- Self-motivated and proactive, with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to remain calm and composed under pressure.
- Job Type: Full-time ( Two days online and Three days in the field and office)
- Contract Duration: 6 months (with the possibility of extension)
Sunrise Organization will provide
- salary: $1800 USD per month
- Lunch, accommodation, and transportation provided (from office to the field and vice versa)
- Monthly mobile credits card
How to Apply: for the position of Senior Leadership and Capacity Facilitator:
- Submit your updated CV and cover letter to email: email@example.com
- Submit your CV and Cover Letter no later than the deadline of 27th June 2023.
- Sunrise may begin reviewing CVs and conducting interviews well in advance of the deadline.
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.